Thursday, January 6, 2011

Taiwan...Touch Your Heart!

Tomorrow I am leaving Taiwan.  The past 6 months have gone by in the blink of an eye!  I know it's time to begin life's next adventure, but saying goodbye to this place that has become my second home has been more difficult than I ever imagined. 

There is a slogan throughout Taiwan that is posted in many tourist destinations and around the cities that says, "Taiwan...Touch Your Heart."  During my first weeks here, I thought all the signs and stickers I saw everywhere were a little ridiculous.  But overtime, those words have become a reality, and I find myself smiling each time I see them! 

Taiwan has truly touched my heart!  Silly as that may sound, this place and its people have changed my life forever.  Words cannot express my gratitude for the incredible experiences I've had and lessons I've learned in Taiwan.  I have seen God's hand in my life each day, and I have felt His love in countless ways. 

I don't know if I'll ever have the chance to come back, but this place will always be a part of me.  I will truly miss my new friends, the Berhan staff, the Wu Chuan 2nd Branch, my wonderful roommates, and my dear students.  For all of its majestic green mountains and incredible scenery; scooters, trains, bikes, and buses; bing shas and mangoes; buildings and temples; for its people, pace, and constant chaos...I love this beautiful island!  Zaijian, Taiwan!!!  
















4 comments:

  1. It is hard to accept that I don't live in Taiwan anymore. We definitely had some great experiences and adventures. I can't help but want to go back. It made me laugh to see that you had already updated your blog. Haha! I am horribly behind. I miss you and I can't wait to talk to you! I hope your travels home are safe and as fun as possible. I may not have had Erin on the flight, but I had a sweet elderly Taiwanese man sitting next to me. I talked about all the places in Taiwan I love with him. It was fun! I am sure that you and Erin will have something crazy to say. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your way home and travel safely. We are so excited to get to see you and hear about all your adventures. It has been an incredible experience and thanks for sharing it with us. It has been fun to follow your adventures in Taiwan and get to know this wonderful place thru your eyes. Love you lots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being so inspirational.

    I know you'll miss Taiwan, but I miss you! I'm so excited to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so fun following your adventure! Im so glad your coming home though!

    ReplyDelete