Saturday, February 19, 2011

Alishan!

After Green Island, we split up to do some more traveling! I went with Allison, Meg, Lien and her friends and brother up to the mountains of Alishan.  This place was unlike any other part of Taiwan...I thought it felt like a fairy forest!  I actually felt cold here, and ended up buying a hat and gloves at one of the shops.  We spent two days exploring and hiking around the trails and through the giant trees.  I was amazed at the amount of green and plant life still growing in the middle of winter...we actually saw daffodils!  We got up bright and early to watch yet another of Taiwan's spectacular sunrises; this time we got to take a train up to our lookout.  I loved the little village, the railroad, and the mountain magic of Alishan!






I tried to defrost my nose with my hand warmers...








Look at all these flowers...growing in December!



These mountains seem to experience all four seasons at once!

The heart-shaped tree
































All these lamp posts on the trail reminded me of Narnia...cheesy, I know...but this place really was magical!


 




1 comment:

  1. Wow what amazing pictures! Love the heart shaped tree and the karate pic

    ReplyDelete