Saturday, February 19, 2011

Christmas!

Christmas 2010 was unlike any holiday I've ever experienced before! The last two weeks at the school are one big blur of jingle bells, crazy costumes, Santa Clause, caroling, dancing, and an extra heavy dose of the Taiwan chaos that by this point in time we'd all come to know and love!  One of the highlights for me was the Kindergarten Nativity.  I've never felt the Christmas Spirit as strongly as I did watching those beautiful children act out the story of the Savior's birth.  We were also able to teach our students "Silent Night" to perform at the program.  Hearing those words over and over throughout December gave me a wonderful opportunity to really think about their meaning. Christmas in Taiwan was very different from home...but I loved every minute!
 Caroling with the secretaries

 Visiting my little Alen's home! Santa gave each student a present after we sang for them.

 7:30 Wake-up call from Frances: "Can you come to the elementary school and be one of Santa's elves?"


 Erin and I at Christmas Party #1

 Me n' Lien...elf buddies!

 My post at the piano for the singing part of the programs.

 Charlene and Fenny running the refreshments!

 Dance Party! Can anyone say TIC?

 Me and my buddy Steve

 Dancin' with my girls Mina, Vivian, Shayley, Peggy

 Santa was mobbed by the kids!

 The Nativity

 Wisemen

 "We-are-the-shepherds!" "We-are-the-sheep...mmmaaa!"

 Angels

 "Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland!"

 We were elves...for TOO long.

 Santa (aka Devin) bringing Christmas cheer to Fengyuan!

 Visiting the mall, in costume, on Christmas Day! Erin makes the best Christmas Tree I've ever seen.

 Erin, me, Lien, Katy, Meg, Libby, Allison, Devin

Enjoy theis video of me and my fellow English teachers :-)

"Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland!"

1 comment: