Monday, February 21, 2011

Back to Hualien!

After Taipei, the three of us headed to Hualien for a couple days. I'd traveled there in November and absolutely loved it, so I was definitely thrilled to go back! Dave served there for 6 months of his mission so he knew lots of fun places to go. Here's some of my favorites...I'll have to do a separate post for Taroko Gorge because I have a hard time narrowing down pictures from my favorite place in the world!

Now all of our names are on the wall at my favorite hostel,
Colorful Taiwan!

Haha...I sure love these two!

New favorite: I'm not sure how I missed these during my whole 6 months in Taiwan...luckily Dave introduced me to them for the last week! I don't remember what they're called, but they are delicious, hot, little waffle-like treats with pudding in the middle. They are SO good!

They first cook the shells on these awesome pans, then fill it with pudding and put another shell on top. I need to figure out how to get me one of these!

Fresh Fruit Stand!






I dearly miss walking around town and seeing incredible tropical flowers just blooming away in the middle of winter! 

These next pictures are from this sweet little jewelry market Dave took us too. There were tons of little shops all selling beautiful jewelry and stones from the island.  The pink stones below are famous to Hualien, and the colors create 'pictures' on the rock.





Dave and his buddy Buddha.

Me and Mer lovin' Hualien!

This picture cracks me up! Dave used to come to this fruit juice stand on his mission, and the lady still remembered him!

Pineapple-Watermelon for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment