Saturday, August 10, 2013

...and then I moved to Boston!

To my dear cousin Carlee who encouraged me to return to blogging, and inspires me to remember that life is made up of some really big things... and even more small ones :-) 

Decisions.

We make them all day, every day. 

Some we make subconsciously and routinely like choosing to wake up and go to work again. Others are trivial like selecting the best combination of flavors at Twizleberry or which new shoes to buy. Some are significantly more important and require prayer. And the amazing thing is... when you pray, someone actually listens and responds. 

Elder Richard G. Scott taught me a lot about this, in a much more eloquent manner than I could ever attempt:

My simple version goes about like this:

God always answers our prayers. 

Sometimes we are comfortable with the answer, but usually not...because God knows if we are comfortable, we aren't going to grow much. Sometimes God quietly says "do this!" And after we respond, 'No thanks I'd rather not,' He gently tells us again, "Yes." Sometimes He answers, "Don't go that way." And even when we respond, 'Umm check again because I just know this is the right thing for me, not to mention I really really want it,' He calmly but ever so clearly replies, "No." 

And then, sometimes, more often than I think I used to recognize, God says... "Well, I've blessed you with a brain, haven't I? I've provided you with numerous life opportunities and preparatory experiences, right? And you're making this decision with integrity to the gospel principles you know to be true, correct? Well then...this one is all you. You choose, my daughter, and then GO for it!!!"

This was one of those times. 

For once in my life, I didn't over-think and analyze. I just DID. And it felt fantastic. 

"To believe in God is to know that all the rules will be fair, and that there will be wonderful surprises." -Ugo Betti 

I am absolutely thrilled to be on the next phase of life's journey. I can't wait to discover what the world of Boston holds for me...and more importantly, as my good friend Anne of Green Gables said, what I can bring to it! 

5 comments:

  1. You're going to do amazing things and meet wonderful people and bless the lives of everyone you come in contact with because you.are.awesome! Love ya, friend! Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi! I am so glad you made it! I love your home of sheer beauty! I love the East! But more importantly, I am glad you did something for you that will make you grow! And also most importantly, is your reference to Miss Anne Shirley. Bless you both! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way excited for you! And yes be a blogger! I want to stay posted on this new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhhhh.....I'm going to need more than that! Tell me everything! (and/or just tell the blog everything. :)) I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to keep in touch as well love your sweet spirit jw what you are doing in Boston??

    ReplyDelete