Sunday, July 11, 2010

"I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!"

Today was our second time attending church in Taiwan. I think it has already become my favorite thing about being here! We take a 40 minute bus ride to our small English branch in Taichung each week. Today we combined with a Taiwanese ward and one of the missionaries translated for us. I love how kind, accepting, and united the members are here. I feel so at home with them already and am happy to have a family in Taiwan! Today we also had the opportunity to go to a special meeting with President Uchtdorf in Taipei! The drive there was beautiful...it is SO green here, I love it! The meeting was quite the experience with all the translating back and forth, but the spirit there was incredible. It's amazing how the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ is universal. We stood and sang "I am a Child of God" with 6,000 people speaking a different language, but we understood each other perfectly.

On our way to the meeting with President Uchtdorf! I loved hearing him speak, his testimony was so powerful...and yes, he did share multiple airplane stories!



This is my friend Sherstin from Logan...she's serving a mission in Taipei and saw me at the meeting! So good to see a familiar face :-)


Our meetinghouse in Taichung


Outside with some of our new friends!



Me, Katie, Libby, Erin and Meg waiting to take the bus home from church

5 comments:

  1. Dear Kristi,

    1. I'm so glad you have a blog now!!!
    2. I'm loving your blog now!!!
    3. Your hair is so amazingly cute. And probably a relief for you in all that heat!
    4. Isn't it amazing how you can go anywhere and feel comfortable because you have the church? I think that's the best feeling ever.
    5. Isn't it crazy how you can be in TAIWAN and see someone you know!?

    Keep up the adventures so I can live vicariously through you.

    -Marci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi:

    It looks like you are having a ball. I love hearing about all your experiences. It is really special that you already got to see President Uchtdorf. We missed you this week at the reunion but we send you our love. Have a great week and remember we love you (expecially Brittany). We love your blog.

    Love ya, LaDawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all want to see pix of your classroom and your cute children who you are teaching. We miss you around here...so fun to see you on your blog. Send more please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristi!
    I love your pics. That church is the one we used to have zone conferences in. Glad you are having such a good time.
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a small world. I can't believe you ran into your friend there. AMAZING! What a wonderful experience to be able to hear all those people singing the same song in different languages. CRAZY COOL

    ReplyDelete