Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Taipei Temple!

I had a fantastic weekend! Saturday morning we walked to the chapel in Feng Yuan where we met the other branch members to ride the bus to Taipei. It was another great ride talking with friends and looking at the gorgeous scenery...I seriously cannot get enough of the amazing green mountains here. We arrived in Taipei and went to the temple! A small group attended a session and the rest of us were able to do baptisms. It is a very small temple, but still incredibly beautiful! I loved walking around Taiwan's Temple Square! Afterwards we went to Taipei 101! We had limited time and there was a 40 minute wait in line, so we didn't go to the top...but we'll definitely put that somewhere in our plans during the next 6 months!
Rest stop in Taiwan = photo opp!

Haha...we have a little too much fun together sometimes...



I keep finding cool plants here...this one had pink AND orange blossoms!


green, Green, GREEN!!!


Me, Erin, Libby, Whitney



Me n Meg ready for the bus ride...love her!


I LOVE THE TEMPLE!


Laura, Meg, and me after baptisms


Beautiful grounds! The building on the right is a huge stake center, distribution center, etc.

Taipei Taiwan Temple


Temple Square :-)


Love it!

TAIPEI 101! Libby, Laura, Lien, Erin, me, Meg


A restaurant named after one of my favorite treasures ;-)


COLDSTONE!!! At this moment in time, I was 100% ok with resorting to American food.


I'll make it to the top soon, don't worry!



Me n Libby enjoying the view of the city from this sweet bridge across the road.



Sunset in the city...beautiful.


The second tallest building in the world...pretty amazing if you ask me! Check out how blue the sky was that day!


4 comments:

  1. Way cool Kristi. I can hardly wait till you can go to the top of Tapai 101. How far was the bus ride to the temple. I am so glad you got to go to the temple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The temple is beautiful. Carlee made it to the Columbus Temple this week too. I am so glad you got to do baptisms. Hey, I am looking for you to find a store with my name on it! :) I am glad you are having such a great experience. Makes me want to go travel. Love you lots and miss you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun time!!!!!!!!! You are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT??? Didn't you mean THE favorite treasure, not ONE of my favorite treasures? It's a sign from Budda himself seeing my name in lights in the very foreign land of which you are visiting. You do believe in signs don't you? Love to you! Your ONE AND ONLY FAVORITE TREASURE (Karen)

    ReplyDelete