Friday, August 27, 2010

Lugang!

Last Saturday we went to Lugang! It was another one of those unplanned, unpredictable, get-lost-exploring-Taiwan days...love it!
Statues...lots and lots of statues!

Temples...lots and lots of temples!


A Family Mart inside the temple courtyard...only in Taiwan ;-)



This is the touristy part of town full of lots and lots of shops selling everything imaginable including live shrimp, jewelry, lanterns, fans, and purple bread!


Meg and I breathing in the incense...more so than usual because it's Ghost Month!

An incredibly ornate room in the temple


More statues...surprise!


A common occurence - trying to navigate by reading Chinese maps and travel books. Meg is quite good at this ;-)


Possibly the highlight of my day - "Nine Turns Lane"


Adorable yellow door


Narrow...


Narrower...

Narrowest!

Lugang Folk Arts Museum

The grounds at the museum were beautiful and very relaxing!



Meg and I looking over the courtyard. The museum used to be the home of somebody important...I forgot who...


I have no idea what this really is...but it looked like a face to me!


Traveling buddies! Meg, Erin, Katy


Longshan Temple!


Asian temples and turquoise buildings in the same block...oh Taiwan :-)


And a pleasantly peaceful park!

This is my FAVORITE plant here...these little trees are bright green and have the most beautiful hot pink flowers I've ever seen blossoming all over them!


Yes, this is a water station. How much is clean, cold water worth to you?!


Another sweet temple...


Sometimes the randomness of Taiwan just cracks me up! We turned down a little run-down street and happened to discover this temple while wandering the city...it was my favorite!


Me and Meg


The stone carvings on these pillars and walls were amazing!




Check out that ceiling!




Action shot: once again, lost in Taiwan! Somehow we always make it back home :-)

2 comments:

  1. So glad I could share that experience with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful place. I am so glad that you are sharing pictures with us. It is totally AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete