Sunday, September 19, 2010

Basic Reading!

Meet my Basic Reading class! I teach these 6 students on M, W, Th, F from 1:30-4:30. They are in second grade in their Chinese school. In my English class, we began the semester by learning to recognize, write, and pronounce the sounds for each letter. We are currently working on reading and writing CVC words, learning vocabulary, and speaking correctly!


Some of the cutest girls ever: Vivian, Mina, Peggy, Shayley


Jason. Yeah, good thing the secretaries weren't peeking in the door at this moment...


Casper. Possibly my greatest challenge in Taiwan to date. If nothing else, I am learning patience!


Break Time = epic Uno battles


Shayley and Jason looking a little too mischievous...


Miss Kristi and the girls


My class bulliten boards...a work in progress. I do what I can with limited resources. At least we had all the colors of construction paper to make a rainbow-order job chart!

2 comments:

  1. Of course it would be rainbow. Non other for Miss Kristi's class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh i love Miss Kristi. Miss the days when my students called me Miss. Now im always "Mrs. Walton"

    ReplyDelete