Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Zany Zoo!

"Zany (adj.): ludicrously or whimsically comical." Yep, that about sums up our zoo experience! This was definitely not a traditional zoo...in fact is was the most random assortment of animals I've ever seen. Most of the animals were not in cages, they were just wandering around! I held a giant snake (not by choice...the zookeeper just kinda threw it on me), Allison rode the ostrich, Lien climbed on the back of the tortoise, the kids had birds on their arms and heads, pony rides, a snapping pelican, feeding a hippo... BEST FIELD TRIP EVER! Meet Rex. I have never seen a child so excited to go to the zoo! He clapped and cheered the whole busride.


They all have matching shirts and backpacks :-)

Making our way to the picnic tables...


Adorable.

We were trying to take group pictures, and Frances told the kids to jump on three...It obviously didn't work, but Wade sure tried! I laugh out loud every time I look at this picture!


The kids loved feeding the hippo!

Check out this odd assortment of animals....



So random!!!


Just chillin'








Damon



Tristan

Meet Wade :-)


Field Trips = Happy Teachers


Tristan riding the pony



The Epic Ostrich Ride


Hedgehogs and large rodents...


Anybody wanna hold a wallaby? Wade doesn't...


Gigi's expression cracks me up!

Yeah...this really happened...check out the video at the bottom!

Tristan


Jaelyn

Gigi

Damon and Cherry

Aila

Alen


Too much fun!


Kids being kids...they all had to walk on every single step!


"Taiwan is Chaos" is the motto we live by here, and this video is an excellent example of why. One of the zookeepers was walking around with this insanely huge snake wrapped around him. He walked over by Kelly, who started to scream, ran from the room, and all the kids screamed and ran after her! Then he turned around and without saying a word, wrapped the snake around my shoulders, and walked away. Luckily Laura was standing right there with her camera ! Enjoy :-D


2 comments:

  1. Kristi Lee-- I LOVE your Taiwan chaos!!!! The jumping picture made me laugh out loud. You have the most adorable children to teach. I miss you lots and lots but am still glad you are having such a WONDERFUL experience!! (When you get home I am sure I can turn over all those pesty spiders and snakes in our yard over to you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi: I have to say I never thought I would see you with this size of a snake. Boy the adventures we get to hear about when you get home. I love all the pictures of your students. They have the sweetest little faces. I am glad you are having such a great time and all these adventures. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete